Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Done and done

Things have been a little crazy over here, but I'm proud to say that I have finished my Advent Calendar just in time for December 1st.  Isn't it funny how there can be weeks that go by in your life when nothing really happens and then suddenly you're busy?

I didn't grow up using an Advent Calendar, but I've been inspired this year by some of the great ones I have seen.  Each box on our calendar is filled with a piece of chocolate and two slips of paper: one with part of the Christmas story and one with a fun "Christmas-like" activity to do that day.  For some ideas for activities go here.  My activities are definitely tailored to a 10 month old and three year old.

To make the calendar I used an assortment of paper mache boxes tacked to a paper covered cork board.  The tape is from the Martha Stewart Christmas collection, which you can find here.  I printed the numbers onto blank sticker paper and voila!  An Advent Calendar that took only an hour to make.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Randi! That is inspiring! I've thought about making one too but didn't get to it yet. Now I have a whole year to make one before I'll need it, maybe I'll copy your idea. I love the idea of having the christmas story and a christmas activity every day. I've seen so many with just a spot for candy and I've thought I'd like it to have more meaning than that. Looks like you have found the solution! It looks great!

    JoAnne

    ReplyDelete