Thursday, March 24, 2011

Made at home: Salt + Sugar scrub


About this time every year I start to notice how rough my winter skin is.  Images of swimming suits and tank tops start to terrify me (for more reasons than one!).  I came up with this simple salt and sugar scrub to make at home.  I find it works well without drying my skin out.

The best part?  You may have most of the ingredients on hand right now.


Ingredients:

1/4 cup Kosher salt
1 teaspoon sugar
drizzle of olive oil (about a tablespoon)
the juice of 1/4 of an orange or 1/2 of a lemon


 To Make:
Just mix all the ingredients together in a container.  I've always made this the same day I use it, so I'm not sure about the shelf life, but it may be able to keep for a couple of days in a sealed container.



To Use:
Rub on rough patches when skin is DRY, preferably in the shower (to avoid a mess on the floor).  Turn the shower on and rinse.  Bonus:  if using on legs, some of the oil will remain and make for a nice shave.

1 comment: