Friday, May 6, 2011

Three cheers for Motherhood


There's just something about your Mom. Maybe it's the way she listens, laughs, always answers your calls, gives you advice.  Maybe it's just the fact that she's yours.

Becoming a Mother was an unexpected, whirlwind of an event for me.  I had no idea how much it would change me (for the better).  I honestly thought it would be something I added to my existing life and we would carry on.  One true thing:  I appreciate my own Mom more than I ever have before.

She was really great at making our ordinary experiences something special.  We never lacked for things to do at home.  The snapshots I hold in my mind are of my Mom, in her bikini, tan, working outside in her garden. Or of her baking in the kitchen.  She loves rock and roll, she drives a corvette, and she's always been there for me, even when I haven't deserved it.

I love hearing other people's experiences either with their Moms or as Moms themselves.  It always brings me back to the central themes of motherhood.  That's one of the reasons that I just purchased this for my Mom and I for Mother's Day.  I would love to hear what you love about your Mom as well!


I had been searching for the perfect gift, but had no luck.  I saw this e-book featured by Susan on Freshly Picked and Liz on Say Yes to Hoboken (both have an essay featured in the book).  The book is a collection of 16 essays about Mothers written by 16 leading bloggers.  How perfect is that?  If you've waited too long to buy a gift (like me) this could be perfect for you.  Also, only $4.99!

 Go here to buy your copy.


 *Photos of my girls taken in 2010 by Photography by Meg

I wish you all the best on your Mother's Day weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Имеется множество хитростей получить прибыль в мировой сети. Просматривая сайт, вы легко найдете большое число методов для роста собственного финансового положения. Например, hydra union, в детальных мануалах представлены практические варианты добиться дохода в сети. Наиболее простой метод – многообразные порталы по написанию дипломов и выполнения легких приемов в социальных сетях.

    ReplyDelete