Thursday, June 16, 2011

Take me back: Mid-Century love

Lately I am loving the sturdy, clean lines and shapes of mid-century design.  I would love to go this direction with our home.  Thanks to a great turn-out at our yard sale last weekend, we are ready to start over with our decor.  It was so liberating to get rid of all the things I was so tired of staring at!  I got so into it I was bringing new things out to sell during the whole sale like a crazy person.

Out with the old, in with the new.

After doing a little Craigslist research, I came across a little vintage shop in Walla Walla that specializes in mid-century design.  My parents offered to watch our girls tomorrow so we can go check it out.

We're hoping to find a TV stand, dresser, chair and lamp in the next couple of months to add to our existing furniture.  I can't wait to see everything come together. 

Here's to new beginnings!

P.S.  What is your favorite era of design?

Image sources: One (original source unknown, found via Pinterest), Two, Three (original source unknown, also found via Pinterest), Four, Five (Photo by Thom Filicia)


  1. I've been looking for something similar to that first piece for AGES! I want it for my front entry way. Let me know how Walla Walla goes!
    Love, Lindsay

  2. I'm loving mid-century right now,too. Partly because we own a home built in the 50's, but also because the lines are so clean. It's easy for our miniature house to get cluttered. Now that I've convinced my husband about a few mid-century pieces, maybe we'll work on incorporating more. Someday I'll have a pretty house, right?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...