For me, summer is all about keeping it simple. I really only need a couple of things to keep me happy:
1. Casual dresses. Easy to throw on and run out the door and cooler than wearing shorts or cropped pants. Add a necklace and strappy sandals and you're done. (Dress from Modcloth)
2. Cold-brewed iced coffee. Sweeter and less acidic than regular brewed drip and easy to make at home. I mix mine with cream and a splash of chocolate. A great recipe can be found here (image).
3. A big stack of books. I love to read outside while my kids play. Or inside while they nap. Pretty much anytime I can. Current read: Water for Elephants. Up next: Cutting for Stone or perhaps an old classic. (image source unknown)
4. A trusty wool blanket. Perfect for late evenings on the porch, a trip to the beach or a picnic at the park, and they last forever (image).
5. Aveda Sun Care Hair & Body Cleanser. Protects hair from sun, salt and chlorine damage (and smells good too). Find it here.
6. Big sunglasses. (forever 21)
7. A sturdy picnic basket. We've been going on more picnics this summer. Nothing fancy. I throw whatever I can find from the fridge into the basket and away we go. It's somehow so much better to eat our lunch outside in the sun (image source unknown).
What are you loving this summer?