Monday, August 1, 2011

Highlights from a Seattle weekend

The truth: we're still weekending here in Seattle. 

I thought I would share some highlights from our relaxing stay so far:




We've been spending a lot of time in Grandma's garden and the sunlight is amazing.


The raspberries are ripe for the picking,


and somehow Grandma's toys seem better than the ones back at home.


Yesterday we spent some time on my husband's Aunt and Uncle's property.  The gorgeous land is nestled in the woods and is a retreat for sure. 

We ate, talked around the fire pit, and walked the grounds.  I was impressed with the huge flower and vegetable garden, which we picked cupfuls of raspberries from. Whatever they don't use of their crop goes to a local food bank, which is incredibly generous and thoughtful.




I can't believe I've never been to their place before.  Now, I want to go back!

Meet me here tomorrow for a little surprise?

No comments:

Post a Comment