Monday, September 19, 2011

A sunny weekend.

How was your weekend?  I'm happy to say our weekend was nearly perfect.  We needed perfect after what we've been through these past weeks.

After the laziest of Saturday mornings, we packed up the beach buckets and headed to Monterey.


We had lunch on Cannery Row, a cute waterfront road named after a John Steinbeck novel (there were quotes from the novel on the street banners!). 


It was so beautiful to sit in the sun and look out at the bay.  Incredibly beautiful.  The girls loved running around among the flower covered buildings.  We had to restrain them from picking too many flowers!


We only had one goal after lunch: find some sand and play in it.  Since moving here, we've discovered how much our kids truly enjoy playing in the sand.  They get really calm and focused on digging and moving it from one place to another.


We played in the sand for two hours straight.  I read a whole magazine in one sitting, which is usually unheard of around here!  We ended the day with ice cream cones and then drove home.

Monterey stole a little piece of my heart and I can't wait to go back.  I'm not positive, but I think it may be the iconic beach town I've always been looking for!

No comments:

Post a Comment