Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Recommended Read: The War of Art


On a good day you will find an iced coffee and a good book on my worn desk.  The best book I've read lately is "The War of Art," by Steven Pressfield.  In fact, I'm reading it for the second time in two months.

Where does inspiration come from?  Why is it so hard to finish what I start?  Am I really an artist? How can I get out of my creative rut?  

If you've ever asked yourself these questions I think you will enjoy this book. 

 Steven sets out to define the trouble we experience whenever we decide to step out and create something or be successful.  Pressfield gets straight to the point, and never minces words.  While I don't agree with everything he says, I have found his insight and encouragement to be valuable in my work and life and I hope you will too!

"Never forget: This very moment, we can change our lives.  There never was a moment, and never will be , when we are without the power to alter our destiny.  This second, we can turn the tables on Resistance.

This second we can sit down and do our work." 

-Steven Pressfield

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you posted about this. I was trying to remember it the other day while I was on Amazon and couldn't. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete