Monday, September 10, 2012

Odds & Ends

Here's the pretty version of what's been going on around here:


From top: The little man is 3 weeks old already (and looking quite handsome in his new riding pants)/the girls playing down the street at the windy beach/a sneak peek at our rad new playroom/watching the ferries come in at Edmonds beach/getting reacquainted with some of our old favorite spots/all loaded up in the car on moving day/our new house!/the view of Lake Washington on my morning walk, one street up from ours.

A look into reality (actual thoughts that have gone through my head in days recent): Did I actually answer those emails, or was that a dream?  When on earth was the baby's last feeding (he seems fine, let's just let him sleep for a while)? Why is my two year old looking so big-and why on EARTH is she not potty-trained yet?! Why did it get so quiet in the basement just now? How long has that spit-up been in my hair?

A snippet of a typical afternoon: I carry a sweet little swaddled boy through the house (trying to get him to sleep), while A follows behind, clomping her princess shoes loudly on the hardwoods.  She's in a diaper.  That's all.  E is scared and forgets how to use the bathroom by herself, therefore finding it necessary to make loud noises that sound more whale than human.  Jeremy is an hour into making a batch of chocolate tarts in the kitchen (why now?).  I have no idea what's in the remaining moving boxes (they were packed by my loving family), and I've just now discovered I have yet to eat today (that tart is sounding great about now).

I just have to say, beyond all the chaos we are so happy.  We can't stop smiling and somehow we're getting the job done.  I wouldn't trade it for anything.

2 comments:

  1. You got me laughing! Clever word construction pulls us along right behind you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you describe the pictures as the "pretty version." :)

    ReplyDelete