Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Make it: Tabletop puppet theater.


What do you do when you have a garage full of moving boxes? Start making all sorts of toys for your kids, of course! I've been so inspired lately by projects I've seen that have started with a cardboard box, or two. I almost made a few sets of fairy wings from our boxes for Halloween until I realized that I live in Seattle. There's no way around all that rain and wetness. The girls were pretty bummed, so I spent some time coming up with another idea.


We saw an adorable puppet show last summer in California and the girls have been wanting to play with puppets ever since. So we made a little cardboard puppet stage to use on the end of a table, and I love how it turned out.


I sometimes find puppets a little weird, so I decided to design a few non-creepy stick puppets to go with our little tabletop stage instead of buying them.


For complete instructions on making your own puppet theater plus free stick puppet downloads, head over to my post at Playful Learning.

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful curtains! We have the same in our vintage trailer. I like your blog very much. I particularly liked the cement DIY. I have shown it on my blog. I hope that's okay.
    Have a nice day and Happy Thanksgiving!
    Liebst,
    Wibke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore this!!! What a lovely play theater and puppets!

    ReplyDelete