"It is a miracle if you can find true friends, and it is a miracle if you have enough food to eat,
and it is a miracle if you get to spend your days and evenings doing whatever it is you
like to do, and the holiday season-like all the other seasons-is a good time not only to
tell stories of miracles, but to think about the miracles in your own life, and be grateful
for them." Lemony Snicket, The Lump of Coal
I'm starting to get in a festive mood over here. There's a hint of the holidays to come in the air and I'm welcoming it gladly. I even listened to Christmas music this morning, which is a rare thing before Thanksgiving in our house.
A few things I'm thankful for today:
1. A warm house to call my own.
2. A cupboard stocked with food.
3. Three rowdy, healthy, beautiful and bright kids to share life with and learn from everyday.
4. The humbling challenge and experience of real love.
5. Endless beauty to discover everywhere.
There's much more to think about this week, but these are the things I keep returning to. What are you thankful today?
P.S. Are you the winner of the Tad Carpenter giveaway? Results announced here!
photo by Nicole Franzen, for La Buena Vida