Thursday, February 7, 2013

Joining up: The 52 Project

I've decided to join the 52 project and post weekly portraits of each of my children. I love you Instagram, but I just haven't been picking up my real camera to document these darling little people enough lately. I think it will be a cherished project for me. Time is moving at break neck speed and I love the idea of being able to look back and see them grow and change right before my eyes.

I'm joining in late, so I'm starting with week 5 of 52...


"a portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013"

E: Always with a favorite object.
A: Loves a morning walk with Mama, even in the wind. Shoes on wrong feet, but she doesn't care.
J: Wants to crawl so bad! Caught him smiling between frustrated grunts.

Speaking of documenting my life, I've been writing in the Mom's One Line a Day journal since the fall (almost) everyday. I love it! Instead of writing exactly what we did during the day, I try to fill up the small space with a little tidbit that I know I will want to remember later. I used to write the funny things my kids said on little scraps of paper, but would often lose them in massive house clean-ups (or during our many moves). Now that Jack is almost six months old (eek!), I've already enjoyed looking back on the moments of those first few months.

How do you keep up with the never ending task of documenting your life?

1 comment:

  1. This year I'm doing Project Life, and I've decided to print/layout a month at a time... but we're already one week into February and I haven't done anything for January yet. Oops. :)

    ReplyDelete