Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Studio Inspiration No. 1


The next project on my to-do list is making over a small bedroom in our basement that I have been affectionately calling "the studio." To be honest ,.most of my current work and making of things is being done in a haphazard fashion in little corners all over the house. And sometimes all over the kitchen table too. Needless to say, a space of my own (with a door that can be closed during my messiest of crafting days) is a dream! Up until now the little room has been faithfully housing my boxes of supplies and any other box that hasn't been unpacked. It's a total disaster zone, but will hopefully be transformed into a workable, cheery space over the next few months.

In the meantime, I've been gathering photos of inspiring spaces and making a little wish list too. I'm dreaming of an industrial inspired room with fresh white walls and pops of color here and there. My only must-haves are a large table in the center of the room, and large curtains to cover up the closet. "Before" pictures to follow soon!

one / two / three / four / five / six / seven

1 comment:

  1. Love your inspiration ideas. We will be moving soon and I am hoping to get a sewing space/room I can just close the door to without having to put away projects I am in the middle of. I too am looking to keep the walls light colored as well.
    Looking forward to seeing your before pics.

    ReplyDelete