Saturday, November 22, 2014

Times a Wastin'


Things have been quiet around here. No, more than quiet. I've taken a step back as we've gone through this move and continue to renovate our home. We're hoping to wrap things up and be back to normal fairly soon. But, what is normal? In some ways this move and this process of living out of a suitcase with family for 5+ months has changed me.

I'll save the long version for my journal, but the basic gist? Despite my best effort, I often get distracted in life. I set out to be present and in the moment, but I get derailed somewhere between Pinterest and the ding of a text. It seems that I'm learning all over again that happiness does not lie right around the corner, will not magically come when my house is finished or when I get those things on my wish list. There's a chance to be content here hidden in the quiet afternoon shadows and pile of dirty laundry I keep stepping over. Maybe everything I need is already here and not living somewhere in the land of those whose dreams fall magically into place.

I'm still a work in progress, but I wrote a little more about some practical ways to be more present during the upcoming season over at Playful Learning the other day. Click here if you'd like to read more!


1 comment:

  1. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read even more things about it. Great blog. Thanks!
    juegoskizi20.com , juegosfrival.com

    ReplyDelete