Monday, December 12, 2011

Highlights from a sunny weekend

I'm happy to say the sun made a grand appearance this weekend!  Despite my comment about missing snow on Friday, I love a sunny afternoon just as much as the next girl.  Especially if I can spend it by the bay.

I was pleased as punch that the whole family wanted to go to the city with me to browse the little craft + letterpress fair at Center for the Book


I didn't get a shot of the little booths, but there were some great cards, tags and prints available.  Ellie even got to pull a Christmas card print on one of the machines.  I'm saving my pennies (and quarters and dollars) to take a few classes this Spring!

The sun was still shining and spirits were high, so we crossed the big red bridge and spent the afternoon in the little tourist town of Sausalito (we also spent a day here last Spring).


Mainly, we spent our time walking the waterfront.  The girls climbed on rocks, gazed at sailboats and pointed at the fishermen.  It was perfect.

Other highlights included ice cream for the girls, late night Christmas present making (look for a post later this week), and new red polish to celebrate the season.


 My favorite moment (unplanned, of course) was on Sunday afternoon.  I was not feeling well and was trying to hide out in my bed for a minute when both the girls found me.  Instead of being their normal wiggly, jumping, screaming selves, they climbed under the covers with me and calmly laid for a while.  We rested and read some books quietly. 

It was like a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment