Monday, October 29, 2012

Fall Dinner: The Menu


I'm back with a few more details from our dinner! Have you been enjoying it so far?

A few days before the event, we sent a little menu to our guests in the mail. I love being surprised by personal mail when I open my mailbox and wanted to create that same experience for the people attending our dinner. Each menu was wrapped in black string and adorned with a small feather. I dug out my calligraphy pen and a tube of white gouache to address the black envelopes. I think my calligraphy teacher might cry if he saw them (my lettering is not up to snuff!), but I love the effect of white on black.

Curious about the food? If you're interested, here's a quick run down of the menu (still kicking myself over the lack of food pictures-argh!):

Hors d'oeuvres: Brie + pear pizza, Carmelized onion pizza
Appetizers: Pumpkin bisque, roasted chickpea + chevre salad with pickled red onion
Entree: Grilled salmon + arugula pesto with smashed potatoes and grilled zucchini or Grilled lamb chops + port reduction with potato rounds and ratatouille.
Dessert: Apple tart + vanilla ice cream, or Chocolate tart + cinnamon cream, or Fruit tart + whipped pastry cream.

I still can't believe Jeremy made all of that food for all of those people! We still have a lot to figure out , but I'm loving the direction we're heading. Whatever happens, our main goal is to create opportunities for people to spend time together in a festive atmosphere with great food.

What more could you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment