Monday, May 20, 2013

Loving {May}:


1. Barre Workouts. I recently joined a barre studio nearby and I am loving it! Seemingly easy moves (borrowed from yoga, pilates, and ballet) that use your own body's resistance are combined with a little bit of cardio and strength training. Beware! You're muscles may start shaking at some point and you will definitely work up a sweat.
2. Wild floral arrangements. I was honored to take a two hour class from the lovely ladies of Studio Choo on Mother's Day weekend (more on that later), and was so inspired that I have started arranging any blooms I can get my hands on. I think this is the floral style I've been looking for my whole life!
3. Dry Brushing. I know it sounds weird-brushing your dry body with a brush before you hit the showers and all, but I love it. I've been doing this off and on since last summer and I always see an increase in softness after a week of consistently brushing before my shower. Bonus: it totally wakes you up in the morning! If you're curious, you can read more about it here. Get the brush pictured above here.
4. Fitted tees. I used to dress up a little everyday, but now that I am more busy, my t-shirt collection has mysteriously grown much larger. I think I've finally found the perfect tee-fitted where you want it to be, soft, and affordable.
5. A familiar read. I just read "Gift from the Sea," by Anne Morrow Lindbergh for the second time and fell in love all over again. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but the wisdom of these pages and  her lyrical way of writing have struck a chord for me. I think every woman can benefit from Anne's calling to seek out peaceful solitude and live from the center of who you are. I greatly admire Anne for being an independent woman (and mother of five!) far before her time.
6. Twisted updos. Having long hair in the summer means finding a variety of ways to get it up off your neck. I love this twisted chignon (pictured above), and this low dutch braid the most.

What are you loving lately?

one / two / three / four / five / six

1 comment:

  1. Love these, Randi! So funny--I wrote about body brushing last month and have been considering buying a barre video myself.
    I am loving starting my first garden and watching my roses bloom :).

    ReplyDelete