Thursday, January 20, 2011

One year

While this little space is mostly about inspiration and design, I can't help sneaking in these personal posts from time to time.

We did it!  We made it through one whole year with two kids. A year ago today, Adele Ryan joined our little family just after 6 pm.

What lies ahead this year is no secret-more talking, more walking, and more independence.  But, for now, she still has those chubby baby hands and feet followed by funny cankles and rubber band wrists.  I still have to put a bow on her head when she wears blue so the elderly people don't think she's a boy.  She still sometimes cries in the night and wants to be held for a couple of minutes.  She still fits into all the ridiculous crib shoes I bought when I was pregnant.  Sigh.

This one is as sweet as they come.  I'm a little bias, but most people that have met her agree.  Quick to smile, gentle, and full of pure physical comedy.  Happy Birthday Addie :)

If you're interested, here's her life in photos:

video

3 comments:

  1. I loved you from the moment I first saw you...Happy Birthday, Sweet Addie-girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're our baby girl, Addie! So sweet, pulling our heartstrings and wrapping us around your chubby little fingers. Love you! G'ma and G'pa!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...