Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Colorful Garage Fete


Remember these colorful invites?  Saturday was party day, and in spite of a little weather problem, we had a great time.


Thanks to a little drizzle and wind, we decided to set up the party in my parent's garage.  Not the perfect canvas to decorate (hello Ken Griffey Jr. posters), but we did alright.



I love how bright colors pop when everything else is white.



Lots of family and old friends came by to say goodbye (for now) to Melissa and Ross before they leave the country.




We tried some different Korean dishes (don't ask me what they were!) made by my sister's mother-in-law and sister-in-law.  They were so sweet to find the recipes online and prepare them all!



At some point people started playing with the extra streamers, until the whole garage was full of color and I couldn't see the person I was talking to.  When the party started winding down, the kids had a blast gathering the streamers and putting on a show.


P.S.  Looking for a resource for those big beautiful balloons?  I got mine here.

1 comment: