Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A no-sew circle garland


If you're anything like me, you love yourself a pretty garland.  I can always find an occasion to use one.

I've been admiring the simple sewn circle garlands that seem to be everywhere for quite some time now.  The problem?  My sewing machine is a dinosaur and I'm a little bit lazy.  Enter in super-easy, no-sew garland.

Want to make one too?


Step One: Gather your materials

You'll need some circles of either paper or fabric, a small hole punch and some twine.

I had some fabric left over from making cupcake toppers for this party.  My fabric was treated with a fabric stiffener, which gives it similar properties to paper, but you can try it with regular fabric too.


Step Two: Punch holes

Punch two holes near the center of each circle with your hole punch.


Step Three: Thread it

Thread your twine through the holes.  I used a thick string that easily went through the holes, but you may need to use a needle depending on the thread used.


Happy garland making my friends!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I might use this approach sometime even though I love my sewing machine. :)

    ReplyDelete