Monday, September 26, 2011

Autumn Wishlist: Felt hat.


Have you heard? The floppy hat is staying with us through fall.  This time made of luxe wool felt.  I wasn't sure I could pull it off. Didn't Mary Tyler Moore sport a hat like this? Okay, that was a beret, but who wears statement hats in everyday life?

I tried on a very reasonably priced one at Target the other day and was surprised to find that it worked.  The hat instantly added an element of winter chic to the dress and boots I was wearing.  I personally plan to stay away from the ones with extreme flop and stick to a neutral color.  

What do you think?  Maybe not something to wear at the pre-school drop off, but perfect for all of those dates in the city I've been dreaming of.  Would you wear this?

If you're jumping on the band wagon, here are a few affordable options:


1. H&M $14.95  2. Madewell $45  3. Target $16.99  4. Gap $24.95

2 comments: