Thursday, September 8, 2011

Leaves will fall.

Fall is one of my favorite times of year.  Layers, comfort food, crisp mornings and the promise of Holidays to come.  I love dressing in the fall because you can piece your summer and winter wardrobe together in a variety of creative ways.

I thought it would be fun to take a look I find inspiring for fall and break it apart.  You may already have something like it, but never put the pieces together before.  I think it's really fun to "shop your own closet" around this time of year before buying anything new.  You might be surprised at what's been lurking in there all summer. 

(photo from Les Composante via Rachel's pin)
 
This photo has been making the rounds and I think there's a good reason for that.  Cute and simple.  I confess I love a masculine inspired/tailored look for fall!

If you're in the market for some new fall clothes, these are some great, affordable options:

1. Dress: back in black classic fitted dress by Ruche: $32.99
2. Boots: Steve Madden Women's Intyce riding boot via Amazon: $120.34
3. Clutch: Metallic telegram clutch by Madewell: $52
4. Belt: Faux leather, Forever 21: $7.80
5. Glasses: Secret Identity Eyeglass kit, Matt Singer: $40

P.S.  I think you could wear sweats in the fall and be just as happy.  Then you could eat more comfort food too!

No comments:

Post a Comment