Thursday, October 13, 2011

How to tie a belt.


I love the look of a skinny belt with dresses and tunics. Do you?  If you're like me, you might have a belt or two that you bought for this purpose, but turned out to be too long (as in not enough notches).  I also have a few regular sized belts I would like to wear both at my natural waist and on my hips.

If you suffer from the same problem, here's a quick solution: tie your belt! All problem solving aside,  I think it adds a nice touch to an outfit.

The how to:


1. Pull the belt through the buckle like you normally would (make sure it's tight)
2. Tuck the end of the belt underneath with the right side facing out
3. Pull end all the way up
4. Push end back through buckle with the right side facing out

Easy, right?

*All photos by Jeremy Edwards for Swoon

3 comments:

  1. Good timing. I just found your blog AND bought two belts that I didn't realize were too long. Great blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I always wondered how to do it in a pretty way. This is perfect because I usually just tuck in in and leave it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea! I have been looking at belts for girls to purchase for my daughter for Christmas! I am loving this idea...I will definitely have to show her this photo so she can try it out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete