Monday, December 19, 2011

What to wear to a casual party

I LOVE looking through the plethora of Holiday outfit suggestions this time of year.  However, I find that I don't get invited to very many Holiday parties that involve sparkly cocktail dresses with mile-high slits.  If you do, more power to you (so jealous)!

So, what do you wear to a regular old party that will most likely involve board games, homemade cookies and possibly (probably) everyone's kids?  I say go casual with a few dressy elements.

Start with:


I think we all own heels and I know we all own lots of jeans!  This combination is the perfect example of casual chic.

Here are three ways to wear your (sexy) heels and jeans:


Leave your jeans uncuffed, throw on a long coat (bright colors would be great too!), pull your hair into a messy bun.  Add a fun necklace if you have time.


Or, fold your jeans into a nice cuff, put on a thin sweater and tie a little silky scarf around your neck (belt optional.  You can find tips for tying a silk scarf here.  Leave your hair loose and straight.


If you're looking to add a bit more color, layer a solid fitted blazer over a printed shirt. I love this look with the loose waves in her hair, so pretty!

Put on your heels, grab your plate of cookies and have fun at your next Holiday party (no sparkly dress required)!

one / two / three / four

4 comments:

  1. It was my excitement discovering your site last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came here now hoping to find out interesting things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ideas for new methods on this subject were useful and an excellent help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a hard time describing my thoughts on content, but I really felt I should here.

    ReplyDelete