Tuesday, December 20, 2011

No place like home


Sitting in my tree-lit living room tonight and thinking, thinking, thinking. 

Am thinking about my to-do list, still too large and only five days to go.  Am thinking about weddings and pink (finishing up some save the dates for a dear friend this week).  Pondering the fact that 27 people I know are pregnant right now. Yes, 27!

But mostly thinking about home and missing it so badly. 

I love our adventure.  And most of the time I wouldn't trade this path for anything else.

But, tonight I would trade this crazy city adventure to sit on my Grandma's couch, while my Grandpa falls asleep in his chair.  To hear my best friend's laugh in person, watch movies with my cousins, and eat entirely too many of my Aunt's sugar cookies.

"The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned."
-Maya Angelou

Perhaps you're feeling the same this year?  Let's make a pact to make the best of it, okay? 

Next year is right around the corner :)

5 comments:

  1. I think it should be a good opportunity to get feedback from others who are experienced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly enjoyed the top quality info you present to your visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will be back again frequently to check up on new posts.

    ReplyDelete