Thursday, April 26, 2012

Frozen bananas with nutella.


I bought nutella for the first time the other day and I can't believe how long I've lived without it in my life!  The girls and I came up with a fun snack last night involving frozen bananas, nutella and sprinkles.  It's definitely a messy snack with varying results, but it was sooo good!


What we did: halve bananas and put sticks in them.  Freeze for at least two hours (I pulled ours out at 2 and they were just starting to harden).

Heat a few large spoonfuls of nutella in a saucepan on low heat to make it pliable.  Hold a banana upright in the saucepan and, using a spoon, drip nutella over the whole thing.  The nutella will start to harden in the saucepan pretty quickly (it will still work and taste great, but won't be as pretty).


Put bananas out on plates and decorate with sprinkles, nuts or even bits of dried fruit.  Then pop them back in the freezer for a few minutes to harden a bit.  Take out and enjoy.

I can't guarantee they won't fall apart when you eat them, but they will taste great either way!

5 comments:

  1. Just bought nutella the other day for the first time too. I am addicted to it. I am so doing this with my daughter. Thanks for sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love Nutella. Aren't you so glad you discovered it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frozen, chocolate covered bananas are so nostalgic for me. I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have great memories of frozen chocolate bananas also!!! I am going to make this for a summer treat when we are spending our days at our neighborhood pool!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. We like to take the nutella and bananas and blend the heck out of it then freeze - nutella ice cream! So yum.

    ReplyDelete