Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Adventures in Storybook Cooking


Remember the farm park we discovered a while back?  We found out they offer the cutest little classes for kids in the summer.  E started a class called Storybook Cooking this past Saturday, and I just had to share it with you! 

Behind the park is an old farmhouse, which has been converted into a little preschool.  I couldn't take any photos during the class (I was sneaking around taking these!), but the concept of the class is really sweet.


The teacher reads a popular children's book with the class first and then they all gather in the little country kitchen and cook something from the story.  Isn't that adorable?! 

This last week they read "If you give a moose a muffin," by Laura Joffe Numeroff, and then baked two batches of muffins: blueberry and chocolate chip.  The class is pretty small, so they all got plenty of hands on time in the kitchen.  E was really proud of herself and is still talking about it two days later.

I love this idea!  I think it could easily be adapted for a birthday party or play date.  I can't wait to see what other books they read over the next month!  Can you think of a book that would work?

top photos taken by me // book cover from Amazon // photo of muffins taken by Faith Hopler for apartment therapy

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of combining cooking classes with children's literature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, this is the the cutest idea for a kids class! i may just have to try to start one in my hometown!

    ReplyDelete