Thursday, June 28, 2012

Landscape party cones.


I fell in love with these funny little party cones a while back and couldn't wait to put my own spin on them!  It seems like we are always in need of little treats and gifts for friends, whether we're having a party or not.  Why not keep a little stash of these treat filled cones at the ready all the time?


I decided to use some of our own photos as the material for the cones.  I've seen photos used as wrapping and tags everywhere recently and it's so gorgeous! 

If you want to do the same, print a few of your photos onto regular printing paper (landscape orientation).  I opened an 11"x8.5" (300 ppi resolution) document in Photoshop and placed my photo into the document (it's okay if there's a bit of a white border).  Save and print as many as you need.  Each printed photo makes two cones.

There are tons of tutorials floating around the web on how to stitch up the party cones.  I used this one by ashleyannphotography and it was really easy to follow!


I think these would be really cute at a birthday party using photos of the guest of honor, or even at a travel themed wedding using maps.  The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment