Monday, July 16, 2012

Savor the morning.


I've never been one to wake up early without good reason, and I've rarely been referred to as a morning person.  Luckily I married someone who feels the same (or maybe this is unlucky?).

We like to wake up slow, sun streaming on our faces, kids playing quietly in their room.  Once we get up, we shuffle around a bit.  He makes the coffee.  I read.

It's rare in this world to have this kind of luxury everyday. In fact it seems downright un-American to sleep in on a weekday while the rest throw the covers off in haste, quick to take on the world.  Don't get me wrong, we work plenty during the day, and sometimes into the night, but for now we are free to give in to this one whim.

Soon there will be school buses to catch, and hungry newborn cries to interrupt our slumber.  I think I'll savor the morning for now, while I can.

one / two / three / four / five

No comments:

Post a Comment