Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Into the fog.


Last weekend the weatherman promised sun and sky, so we hopped in the car seeking adventure. A windy ferry took us to an old favorite spot, Whidbey Island. We made a stop at Fort Casey, an old military fort on the sea that was built in 1897.


The fog never burned off, and the wind persisted, but the moody grays of the sky and sea, the green grass, and the starkness of the old concrete fort somehow blended into a beautiful, peaceful afternoon. I even spotted a few deer on a misty hillside.


Next, we headed over to the Deception Pass State Park area and played on the beach for a few hours.


The fog over the water took my breath away. Those colors! I want to paint those colors.

So happy to be exploring. So happy to be with the ones I love.

1 comment:

  1. Before I got to the end of the post I was looking at the photos thinking "I want to wrap up in a blanket and be inside those colors."

    ReplyDelete