Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Whip Up Wednesday: Paper Fan Night Light


Those who follow my adventures on Instagram know that we are in the midst of doing a facelift on my girls shared room right now (find me on there, let's be friends! @swoonstudio). Things are coming along and I am hoping to reveal the final product of our hard work early next week! When it comes to creating projects for the home or parties, I always look around at what I have on hand first. I wanted a cute night light for the room, but didn't want to spend a fortune, so I scoured the rest of my house for some inspiration...


I ended up landing on these small paper fans we used over the holidays. They were only a few dollars at Party City and have held up very well after two uses. All you need to turn one into an adorable night light is a pair of scissors, a hot glue gun, and a LED night light.

First, cut the ends of the fan down so they are even with the bottom of the fan and less noticeable. Heat up your glue gun and glue the fan ends together with a small amount of glue so the fan will stay permanently open.


Turn fan over and flatten the bottom middle out a little bit. Remove the cover from the night light and run a line of hot glue right down the middle of the front. Flip over and center it over the bottom of the fan. Slip the cover back on the light, plug in and enjoy!


 An adorable, original night light for about $5?  Yes please!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! And is it ok that I want a grown up version of that rabbit's vest for myself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the stripes background! excellent! i think we will attempt this one for our room make over in the spring! thank you for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete