Monday, February 24, 2014

Addie's Rainbow Ice Cream Party


My sweet Addie girl turned four about a month ago. Today I thought I would share a few photos of the last minute party we threw in her honor. She turned four the day I left for my week at Alt, so we put her party on hold. To be honest, I wasn't really in the mood to throw a large party this time around, but we did end up putting together a little afternoon with family and a handful of friends. Addie loves to be the center of attention, but prefers a small group, so this was perfect for her! She asked for ice cream and rainbow colors, and that's what she got.


The night before the party I raided the local party store for rainbow colored balloons, colorful gumballs, and party favors. While in SLC, I discovered the loveliness of Zurchers and happily bought a handful of colorful honeycombs to throw in my suitcase...


Thankfully, my party closet is always stocked with colorful straws, party hats, and candles. Last minute parties like this one help me justify my random purchases and overabundance of festive supplies. I just can't stop.


Over the past few years we've developed a tradition of making a tiny cake for birthdays in addition to cupcakes for guests. My girls look forward to seeing what their Dad will do with their cake each time! Sometimes I laugh at how different their childhoods can be from mine at times. I can't even imagine my Dad making me a cake, but I love him all the same.


We also enjoyed some ice cream from Molly Moon's and gave away a few little prizes to friends. Happy Birthday to my sweet, funny, opera-singing four year old!

Resources:

Party Hats-Target
Honeycombs-Zurchers
Large wooden "A"-Hobby Lobby
Gumballs + Balloons-Party City
Stripey Spoons-Sucre Shop
Pinata-Hobby Lobby
Party Favors + Small party horns-Party City
Fringed Party Horns-Tops Malibu

No comments:

Post a Comment