Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Portfolio/01


These days blogging and spontaneous crafting have been a bit on the back burner due to my design work. I've been pretty terrible about sharing some of my favorite design based projects, but now I'm resolving to start a portfolio series here because I would love to have a record of it all somewhere.

One of my favorite projects from 2015 so far, has been a series of paper cuts designed and made for the Playful Learning Studio-a brick and mortar expansion of the website I work for Playful Learning. It's amazing how fun it is to see designs go from screen to paper shapes! I kind of want to do this with every project now.

The most complex piece involved looking at an actual picture of the (adorable!) studio and first making a vector design from scratch, and then figuring out how to combine the pieces so they could be cut out. Here's a picture of the studio...


And here is the simplified, paper cut version!


The rest of the project included titles for each of the different subject areas offered at the studio.


If you happen to live in the Montauk/ East Hampton area, I encourage you to check out the studio! You can find more information here.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.
    friv2planet.com , juegosfrivol.com , friv400game.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...