Wednesday, September 9, 2015

An Eclectic Entryway with Chairish.


Recently, the good folks at Chairish reached out to me with a little challenge: select a chair from a list of their favorites and create a little space around it. I chose this vintage golden velvet number and here's the result!

The goal was to design a space that was "bright" not "white," a notable challenge for someone who claims white as her favorite color, but I tried. My idea of making a space bright has to do with texture, thoughtful accents, and at least one show-stopping colorful and/or graphic element (like the cement tile pictured above) I think paring things down, bringing in as much natural light as possible, and limiting the color palette actually makes a space feel open and airy, in a calming sort of way. Possibly another definition of bright, but cheery all the same. And yes, the walls of this entryway would most likely be a shade of white (oops!), but I think it would be far from boring :).

Thanks for including me in your little challenge Chairish! Now to find a house that actually has a grand entryway....


2 comments:

  1. Posts shared useful information and meaningful life, I'm glad to be reading this article and hope to soon learn the next article. thank you
    Signature:
    happy wheels
    friv
    girlsgogames
    games2girls
    happy wheels
    fireboy and watergirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was working and suddenly I visits your site frequently and recommended it to me to read also. Age Of War 2
    Big Farm | Slitherio
    Tank Trouble | Happy Wheels
    Goodgeme Empire | Slither.io

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...