Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Affordable art.


Happy first day of Spring!

I'm always looking for cheap ways to change things up in our apartment, especially in the art department.  The total cost for this project was only $1.49! 

I love looking through the photos we've taken at the beach over the last six months, and decided we needed one on display.  Did you know you can have photos printed at a local shop (like Fedex Office or Kinkos) on regular paper for really cheap? I really like the poster-like look of this form of printing, especially for nature pictures and landscapes.  

I already had a matted frame that fit an 11x17 photo, so I had mine printed to that size, but there are many sizes available.  I wanted to print mine in color, but I think black and white would be even cheaper. 

P.S. If you're wondering how to "cut" a photo into a circle using Photoshop, you can find a simple tutorial here.

No comments:

Post a Comment