Saturday, February 7, 2015

Color By Number Valentine's Poster


Last year we made some giant coloring posters to bring to a class Valentine's party and had so much fun doing it that we decided to do it again this year!


I saw a kilim rug recently featuring a fantastic pixel-y floral design. I spent the last few nights making the image above, and then thought it would make for the perfect color by number page or poster for kids (and adults too!)

So I removed the color added numbers in and had it printed at my local Staples for only $1.99 (this is an 18x24 size-bigger sizes available too).



I colored one as an example and it reminded me of buying those velvet posters and coloring them as a kid back in the '90's, remember those? If I could find a way to add some fuzzy black velvet to this guy, I totally would.


We plan to give a letter-sized version away as valentine's with a little bundle of colored pencils and a color guide at school this week! I also made a folded card out of the original colored design to use for other friends and family.

If you would like to make one of you own, here you go (click on links below to download):

-Color by Number Valentine Coloring Sheet*
-Color Guide
-Pixel Flowers Valentine's Card

*This is in a standard letter size to be printed at home, or you can go to the Staples website and select "Engineer Prints" and upload this file to be printed in multiple large sizes starting at $1.99. I was able to order mine online and pick it up a few hours later.

Also, a note on coloring...the larger areas to be colored have a numbered border around them and everything within that border is meant to be that color. Color the border first and it will be clear what goes inside it :)

7 comments:

  1. I think that you should check out this posthttps://topgoodessays.net/essay-writing-rules/ because it has essay writing rules that you should use in the future. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'd like to start a blog so I can easily share my own experience and feelings online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah! I'm really enjoying the template/theme of this website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its really really nice post on building up new website.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Fantastic site. Lots of helpful information here

    ReplyDelete